Delicious Ayurvedic Cardamom Oatmeal
Servings: 2 Energetics: Tri-Doshic
Ingredients: 2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup oat flour (or grind oats into flour)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds
1/8 cup toasted shredded coconut
5 dates pitted and chopped (more or less according to sweetness desired)
1 tablespoon ghee
1 cardamom seed (opened and grinded with mortar and pestle)
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
Preparation: 1. Start by toasting shredded coconut on a cast iron pan on low heat. Stir frequently and allow to brown until it becomes aromatic. Place in bowl.
2. Toast sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a cast iron on a low flame until browning starts. Place in bowl.
3. Heat 1.5 teaspoon of ghee in a saucepan until hot (not smoking). Add fennel seeds and stir until browning starts. Add crushed cardamom and stir.
4. Add coconut milk and dates to saucepan and stir.
5. Add blended and rolled oats.
6. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on low heat stirring frequently until level of liquid reaches level of oats. Turn flame off.
7. Stir oats with majority of toasted sunflower, pumpkin seeds and remaining ghee. Reserve 2 tablespoon for topping. (You can add more ghee to the prepared oatmeal if you'd like)
8. Dish oatmeal into 2 bowls. Dress with toasted coconut and toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
9. Add your love throughout preparation and cooking process. Give thanks to the earth for providing the food that will nourish your body physically, mentally and spiritually. Food for Consciousness…Bless Up!