Fiesta Quinoa Salad
Servings: 3-4/ Energetics: Tri-Doshic
1/2 cup red quinoa (soaked for 4 hours)
1/2 cup white quinoa (soaked for 4 hours)
1 cup chopped boil sweet potato (don’t over boil or it will turn to mush)
1 bunch of kale, finely chopped
1 tsp of local organic grass fed ghee
1. Place quinoa in strainer and wash for a couple of minutes with your hands to remove the bitter taste that is on the outside of this seed.
2. Place quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water. Turn the stove on medium and cook the quinoa uncovered until all the water has been absorbed. As soon as you notice the water has been absorbed, turn the flame off, fluff quinoa with a fork and cover pot. Let sit 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, sautee the kale in 1 teaspoon of ghee for 3 minutes. Turn flame off and cover, stirring occasionally.
4. Place quinoa in a bowl and mix with kale and boiled sweet potato. Drizzle with Pura Veda’s Basil Sunflower Seed Pesto Dressing.
5. Add a touch of love and take a moment to close your eyes and connect with your food. Give thanks to the earth for providing the food that will nourish your body physically, mentally and spiritually. Food for Consciousness…Bless Up!