Pura Veda Almond Paneer Vegan and Gluten Free
Servings: 4 Energetics: Tri Doshic
1/2 cup of almonds soaked for 8 hours, rinsed and peeled
1/4 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Optional handful of chopped herbs
1. Blend almonds, salt and water in blender for 30 seconds or until smooth. If you have trouble blending add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water. Only add enough water to blend smoothly.
2. Place the mixture in a bowl with option to add herbs and mix with your hands.
3. Place the mixture in a cheese cloth that is lining a strainer sitting on top of a bowl. The bowl will catch any water that drips from the mixture. Cover the mixture.
4. Place in fridge for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
6. Grease a pan and remove mixture from the fridge. Carefully unwrap mixture from the cheese cloth and place on the pan. Shape the almond mixture however you like. If you shape in a rectangle you will be able to cut square pieces of paneer.
7. When the oven is ready, place pan in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the almond paneer starts to brown on the bottom.
8. Remove the pan and flip the paneer with a spatula. Place in oven for another 10 minutes or until brown.
9. Remove pan from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
10. Use a spatula to remove the almond cheese onto a cutting board. Slice or chop according to your liking.
11. Remember to give thanks to the earth for the ingredients!