Sattvic Idli & Dosa AKA Puffy Rice/Lentil Cakes and Pancakes
Servings: 3-4 Energetics: Tri-Doshic
3 cups organic white rice
1 cup organic mung dal
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Soak white rice and mung beans in separate bowls for 8 hours Rinse mung beans and rice under cold water.
2. Take half of mung beans and half of rice and blend with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of water for 30 seconds until smooth. Then remove in container and blend the second half of mung, rice and salt. 3. Cover with a cloth and set in a warm place to ferment for 8 hours. Your batter is now ready to use. Give the batter a stir.
4. Oil an idli tray and fill each compartment with the batter. Place in a steaming pot of water and cover.
5. Or oil a pan and pour the dosa batter at the center of the pot. Use a ladle to make circles from the center towards the outer edges of the pan in an attempt to spread the batter. It should resemble a crepe.
6. Enjoy with coconut chutney (see our recipe for coconut chutney!)
7. Add a touch of love and take a moment to close your eyes and connect with your food. Give thanks to the earth for providing the food that will nourish your body physically, mentally and spiritually. Food for Consciousness…Bless Up!