South Indian Curry
Servings: 3-4 Energetics: Tri-Doshic
4 cups coconut milk (see coconut milk recipe)
10 ounces of chopped pumpkin or gourd
2 carrots peeled and sliced
1 zucchini cut into half moons
Handful of chopped cilantro
Optional: 1 cupped chopped cauliflower or paneer (see make your own paneer recipe)
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 inch ginger diced
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1.5 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1. Blend coconut milk with pumpkin or gourd and set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil and roast coriander and cumin powder. This is the tarka. After 30 seconds, add ginger. Mix well and continue to cook for 60 seconds, add turmeric while stirring.
3. Immediately add coconut milk and pumpkin mixture.
4. Bring to a boil, add chopped vegetables and then cover and sim for 15 minutes.
5. Let sit for 20 minutes, add salt. Serve curry over quinoa (Kapha Pacifying) or rice (Vata and Pitta Pacifying).
6. Add a touch of love and take a moment to close your eyes and connect with your food. Give thanks to the earth for providing the food that will nourish your body physically, mentally and spiritually. Food for Consciousness…Bless Up!
*The secret to curry is that the flavors integrate the longer it is left to sit. I usually prepare this curry and then let it sit for a couple of hours before serving.